Yakuza, also known as gokudō (極道?), are members of traditional organized crime syndicates in Japan. The Japanese police, and media by request of the police, call them bōryokudan (暴力団), literally "violence group", while the yakuza call themselves "ninkyō dantai" (任侠団体 or 仁侠団体), "chivalrous organizations".
The Yakuza history traces its origins to the Tokugawa era, the time of the shogunate, when Ieyasu Tokugawa unified the country of Japan. Japan had come a long way from its period of civil war, but was not yet a stable nation. The newfound era of peace left as many as 500,000 samurai left unemployed, and there were not enough jobs to support their number. Many of these samurai joined the merchant class, but those who didn't - the ronin - had to find other means of support, and many turned to thievery and criminal methods to support themselves.
Blood Vengence: The Yakuza has a long-time tradition of blood vengence. It's usually carried out against traitors to the organazation or an enemy of the organazation. It's usually carried out by the master of the Yakuza or his right-hand-man.
The Eleven Meisters: In recent years the Yakuza has been growing rapidly. In order to keep the organazation together the main Master of the Yakuza has split the rule of his organazation to the eleven strongest members. These are The Eleven Meisters.
Ninja Tools: The Yakuza has been using Ninja Tools ever since it first appeared in the Tokugawa era.
The 11 God Tools: The Eleven God tools are tools distributed to the 11 Meisters of the Yakuza. The 11 God Tools consist of:
- The 4 Masks of Hell are mystical items created from a 100 000-year-old Holy Oak. The tool works by being stitched to the back of the chosen Meister giving him enchanced human cappabilities and four lives.
- The Deathschyte is a red, three-bladed schyte with a chain attached on it's back. The legend goes that it was stolen from the Grim Reaper himself.
- Orochi-ken is a blade that was made in the blood of the Orochi. It's blade is said to be covered in the most poisonous substance to ever exsist.
- Sendosame is a huge sword created from shark fins. It weighs 26 kilograms.
- Sword of the Heavens is a magical blade forged by the Gods". It can only be used by a person who can use the Nature Energy around him to create a Red Energy Armor around their body. The person then pulls out a small dagger summoning the Sword of the Heavens.
- The Chimen is a thousand-year-mask that allows the user to neutralize his or others' illusions.
- Cyber-Half is one of the two 11 God Tools that is not of magical origins, but of scientific origin. It replaces half of the user's body with a cybernetic half.
- The Origami Sakura is an origami flower that the user carries in their hair. It allows the user to control paper.
- The Steel is a collection of 50 metallic nails that are stabbed in the user's body granting him the abillity to control the forces of Gravity.
- The Mecha-Eye is the second one of the 11 God Tools that is of scientific origin, rather than magical origins. It gives the user an enchanced sight on his left eye.
- The Puppet of Kenshin is the preserved body of Uetsugi Kenshin. His body has been transformed into a puppet which the user can control though strings.
- This is my very first page on this site.
- The Eleven Meisters are based on the Akatsuki from Naruto.
- Some of the things in this post are based on the actual Yakuza Organization.
- The true master of the Yakuza has not been revealed yet.